Saturday 19 December 2015

The value of Privacy

Privacy, it's one of those things you don't really think about until it's gone. Today, as I went to the bathroom with an audience, running commentary and uttering eight words I never in my wildest dreams thought I would say in the same sentence; "no pet, Mammy will wipe her own bum", I realised that my privacy is gone, and I miss it. I had often heard tell of inquisitive toddlers accompanying parents to the loo.  I never actually thought that they do it. And that they also question you, head cocked to one side, hands up asking "wee wee?? Pooh pooh?"

Today I remember fondly all the shampoo bottles I have read, all the lonely and unaccompanied wee wees I've had and look forward to going to work tomorrow, if only for a smidgen of privacy!

No comments:

Post a Comment