Saturday 10 January 2015

Operation Transformation - my first weigh in

Yesterday was my first official starting day of Operation Transformation (OT). I picked my leader on Thursday night, Lousie, and went off for a food shop yesterday! My trolley was heaving under the strain of fruit, veg, whole wheat products (and a sneaky muti pack of popcorn) and flax seeds and nuts and all sorts of healthy lovely stuff!

I have been starting my mornings with wheetabix, because that's what Louise's meal plan had in it, not because I have any particular love for these dry tasteless "biscuits" - I really think that the makers of wheetabix are playing pretty feckin fast a loose with the word biscuit.... But regardless, I am eating them. And it also says that a dippy boiled egg and cracker are the perfect snack. Well, let me tell you something. If there is one thing I love nearly as much as I love cheese, it's a dippy boiled egg. I literally became addicted to them while pregnant. Every morning I had a lovely dippy egg and toast, only to discover after Holly was born that I should, in fact, have been eating them hard boiled to avoid some kind of food poisoning! No harm done, well... You see myself and Himself love an aul egg. We go through a lot of them in a week, but sadly, our tiny human hasn't any great love for them. And I think that could be down to overload in the womb... I keep trying her with them but she's just not at all fussed. So it would appear that there will be no family egg breakfasts in the McCarthy household...

Today I headed out to the football pitch for my first weigh in and group walk. It was a miracle I even knew where it was, it's been so long since I set foot in it!!! Clearly the foot I set in it was in a supporting capacity, not a participation one!  It was great. The walk, not the weigh in. I much prefer my own scales, Elaine's is far less considerate of my feelings. And as much as I want to say hers is "out of balance", or whatever it is that happens when a scales isn't working, I must admit that it is more likely that my own scales is the wrong one. It tells me what I want to hear, not what I need to hear... I think it's in cahoots with my mirror which causes me to think I am skinnier than I actually am...

After I was weighed, and I put my runners back on, (I was very very tempted to strip down to my ninnies, but decided that it was too early in the morning for that craic and I wasn't entirely sure if Elaine had just eaten or was planning to eat later on, I didn't want her to loose her breakfast or put her off her lunch!) it was time to go warm up and then head off on our 6k trot. 

I do be very nervous at these group type things. Mostly because I never want people to see how truly unfit I am and I am always afraid of tripping over my sixes 4s and making a fool of myself. But also because they remind me of my PE days in school, and the only fond memory I have of that particular class is eventually wearing my teacher down to longer even asking me for an excuse as to why I won't particupate. He used to just say "Rachel, there's a bench over there, everyone else go warm up".. I did the warm up and it wasn't a bit like it used to be in PE! Although I was starting to get quiet warm, rather quickly... We were lunging across the car park and between concentrating on not falling over and trying to pull myself up outta the lunge, sure I was ready to have a little sit down! 

I only walked the 6k, but myself and two of the girls have decided that we will attempt the couch to 5k and be running the route by the end of the 7 weeks. 

So I am all set for the week ahead.. Plan is in place. Veggies and fruit all ready to go and the runners are waiting at the front door!

A goal without a plan is just a wish

No comments:

Post a Comment