Monday 30 June 2014

Weigh Day - The Result

I stayed the same again this week. And, mortification of all mortifications, in response to this news, I burst into tears at the scales! Did not expect that reaction, and nor did my lovely leader! She was so sweet to me as I stood there snotting and crying all over her! And to further add to my morto moment, I had to walk through the Pavilion with my mascara streaked face! I pulled my hair down over the streaks and did my best impression of Cousin It from the Adams Family as I pelted my way to the safety of my car where I could indulge in some good old fashioned wailing! 

A slight over reaction to perhaps? Well maybe, but still, I walked away from that scales feeling like pants! As I mentioned in my previous post, a lot of insecurities and negative feelings have been raising their ugly, soul destroying heads over the last number of days, and that scales just isn't helping the situation. 

When I got home and himself saw I had been crying, I told him that I was feeling a little bit down in the dumps. Says he; Why pet? Says I; don't really know love but going to get weighed every week is definitely not helping me. Says he; what can I do to help. Says I: wire my jaw shut? Says he; ah no, I don't think that's the answer. Says I; right, well I'll have a cup of tea so...

So after out little chat, during which he pointed out my tendency to be very hard on myself and awful mean to myself, I came to the conclusion that I might have returned to the scales too soon and need to relax a bit and be a little less unkind to myself! I am going to take a break from The Soul Crusher for a couple of weeks and go back when I am feeling a little less crappy! 

I'll spend the next couple of weeks going walking and getting myself back into some form of fitness and then I'll have my head on right and be able to tackle weight watchers right!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment