Monday 9 June 2014

Weigh day has been and gone

That's right... Weigh day has been and gone and I haven't had the courage to face that damn scales, also known as The Soul Crusher... Why? Well let me review my first week back... 

I rejoined my class on Saturday. I was full of the beans and good intentions as I walked out of the class. Also full of excitement because it was my first night out since, well, 5 July 2013. The night was a success, I didn't have too much of a hangover and I didn't eat rings around myself...

Then I went to Donegal so myself and my Holly Dolly could spend a few days in the warm and welcoming bosom of my family. I ate a fair bit, drank more wine than intended and never tracked a dang thing I put in my mouth - sure wasn't i on my jolliers...

I came home on Wednesday and went walking on Thursday and was ever so good, give or take a bar of chocolate... Himself had a pressing engagement with a golf course that I was to deliver him to on Saturday. So I happily came to the occlusion that I couldn't possibly go to my class that afternoon, time would be too tight. No point just going to be weighed and not stay for the class, says I! Sure I could that at home for nothing, I declared! 

Then I went out on Saturday again. Went to a BBQ. It was a throw back to 2007. A year when many of our close friends bought houses and we spent many a summer weekend drinking and partying our heads off, sans responsibility (with the exception of the mortgage of course) and without a care or thought for the damage we were causing the wooden floors / furniture / livers... And it was also a year when all of our darling off spring were yet to be a gleam in their Daddy's eye... Children? Ha! Sure I couldn't keep a Basil plant alive, was the attitude I had back then. 

It was lovely to party like it was 2007 again. But alas, time has moved on. I may be able to party like it, but by Jaysus I can't recover like the old days. It's Monday night and I am only coming right. And I had a baby to look after as well - won't be in a hurry for a repeat of that I can tell you!

So, to sum up, since joinin back weight watchers I've eaten and drank myself silly... These actions do not a successful slimmer make. I've chickened out of a weigh in tonight, but I'll go on Wednesday and see what I can claw back...

Also since my return to the weight watching, my little Dolly turned 8 weeks old and I left her over night for the firs time. She stayed with her Auntie Marie. By all accounts she had a great time. I didn't cry when I left her. But I did spend the whole day trying to think of reasons not to go out. These babies, they come into your life and turn it upside down... But it's worth it! 

I shall commit to pouring as much energy into loosing weight as i have into avoiding my class... I'll be a bag of bones by the end of the week so...


No comments:

Post a Comment