Thursday 6 March 2014

Things I am most looking forward to after Labour Day



With so much time on my hands, and nothing to do but knit, I have been thinking of all the things I am looking forward to once Labour Day is over..

Obviously the number one thing, and most important, is meeting our little one and finally getting to know if it's a she or a he and all the happiness that goes with it!

But, I am talking about other things. Pre pregnancy enjoyment that was taken for granted. 

So I have decided to list them..

10. Ability to move with speed

Granted, me and speed have never exactly been on the best of terms, but my current pace is ridiculous. It doesn't matter what I am doing, whether it's "walking" (I use that word lightly), moving from a sitting to a standing position or vice versa or trying to turn over from my left side to my right side during the night, it's all being done super slow and I can't wait until the baby is born and I don't even have to think about these movements! I'll be like Flash Gordon zooming around the place!

9. Bending down

Ah bending down. I have the fondest memories of being able to pick up something I dropped. These days if I drop something and I am alone, it stays there until someone comes along. Doesn't matter if it's a utensil, clothes or food. I'm not getting down there and getting back up. It's one or the other. And if I do happen to take my chances and bend to get whatever the dropped item is, I make this weird noise. It's a cross between a grunt and a sigh. It'll be nice to not make that noise.

8. My toes

My little piggies! And they look like little piggies right now. When I stretch out, I can see these pudgy little stumps that no longer resemble the dainty little hoofs I once owned! My size 4 shoes don't fit me any more and there is the last pathetic scraping of nail varnish applied a number of months ago that I can neither reach to remove or refresh! I look forward to being able to stand up and look down and see my feet.

7. No longer having heartburn

I am excited to eat a tomato and not have to chase it with a bottle of gaviscon!  And also excited to no longer have to carry around a litre bottle of the stuff like some bizzare indigestion treatment addict!

6. Being able to take any pain killer that is not Panadol 

I do realise that this is not exactly something to be looking forward to. Please don't miss understand my excitement for this as an admission to having an over fondness for pain killers. It will just be nice to be able to take something that works if I should require it!

5. Clothes 

I have some really lovely maternity wear. New Look has been a life saver throughout my pregnancy and a lot of the clothes are lovely and comfortable. But, I cannot wait to put on a pair of jeans that are not elasticated at the top and have actual working buttons that you use to keep them up! 

4. High heels

Sky high! I want to wear sky high high heels again. I want to totter around on them and have aching feet at the end of the night!

3. Sleep on my back

Oh that first night sleeping on my back! I cannot wait for it! It will be amazing. Right now if I do happen to roll on to my back, one of two things happens; the baby goes mental kicking and moving. I am thinking it doesn't like where it goes when I lie on my back, or, I dream I am suffocating because, well I am suffocating! I can't breath and wake up gasping for breath... Maybe that's why the baby goes crazy... 

2. Exercise

Believe it or not, I am actually looking forward to getting into a shape that doesn't require elasticated clothing! I can't wait to go back to my weight watchers class and start walking / running / feeling the burn!

1. Booze

I realise that this is not going to win me any Mum of the Year awards. But I don't care... At 36 and half weeks I can honestly say I am dreaming of having a pint of Corrs light! I can taste it as I think of it! I cannot wait for a night out where I get all dolled up and totter on my heels and have a pint of Corrs and glass of wine and a bottle of Corona... And then get poured into a taxi because my tolerance for alcohol has decreased so much that three drinks equals home time!

So these are all the things that I am looking forward to and are keeping me going in these last few weeks! But mostly it's knowing that we get to finally meet this little one after so many months of imaging what he / she will be and what he/she will look like! 

See, I'm not all bad!



No comments:

Post a Comment