Monday 24 February 2014

Where oh where have I been?

It's been a very very long time since the last time I blogged an entry! I realise this weight watching wife has all but fallen off the face of the earth! But, in my defence, I have a very good reason for my MIA status!

I am still a weight watching wife, I am just watching my weight go in the upward direction instead of the downward direction! The tummy on me these days is out of control! But then, it is also currently being called home by Baby Mc! Yes, for those of you that do not know, I am pregnant. Very pregnant! I am currently 8 months and counting - 34 weeks to those of you the have experienced pregnancy and count by the weeks! 

I have about 6 weeks officially left in this, assuming that my little one is as punctual as his/her mother that is! If he / she has their fathers genes, well, let's just say we could be still waiting for a grand entrance in 8 weeks time!!!

So, for those of you that read my blog, you may be able to do the math and realise that this little bundle of joy of ours is due to make his/her entrance on the 5 April 2014. This date is also the date of my first wedding anniversary! So myself and himself were very organised after the wedding!!! 

Pregnancy has been an interesting time! I have been truly blessed with a relatively plain straightforward pregnancy! No morning sickness, but plenty of queasiness in the early days! Even now, 34 weeks in, the sight of scrambled eggs can turn my cheeks green! I've had the odd dose of heartburn - an indication that I will give birth to a head that is full of hair, or so I am told!

One of the things that surprised me the most about pregnancy has been my ability to retreat into my own little bubble. I have deleted my facebook account, stopped blogging and become less and less sociable. It is most unlike me! Most people are very surprised at my deleted Facebook account and expected me to go straight back on it. If I am honest, I sort of thought I would too, so I never made an "announcement" of my intention to delete the account in case I only lasted a day! I feel such an announcement is similar to a kid announcing it's running away from home - it'll never last and it's only for attention!

The reason I've decided to come back to blogging is that I have about 6 / 7 weeks left, which means in about 12 weeks time I can return to my weight watchers class and get back on the horse - so to speak!

I expected to use pregnancy as a licence to eat rings round myself. And there have been days that I have done that! But I have been relatively well restrained! Which will hopefully make my return to my pre-pregnancy jeans a quick and easy task!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment