Tuesday 21 May 2013

Our Wedding

We had such a wonderful day for our wedding.  It was one of the happiest days of my life.  From the moment I opened my eyes till the moment I closed them I smiled and smiled.  When I got into my dress and my hair and make up was done, I was so happy with myself.  I was so glad that I had put in the effort that I put in.  On the day of my wedding I had lost 58lb in 18 months.  Now I realise that is not going to win any Biggest Looser competitions or anything, but I managed to drop that weight, have a social life and still enjoy myself!!

But that wasn't the only reason that I was happy with myself.  I was happy because all of our hard work and planning had come to an end and myself and himself were finally getting married! I was so excited.  The most excited I've ever been in my life. And I wasn't the slightest bit nervous.  I was antsy to get going - poor divils in the bridal party!! I had my poor mum awake at 6am - "Will we have tea?" I says to the darkened room... "Right so" she sighed in response, knowing full well there wasn't a hope in hell of getting me back to sleep!!! So tea it was. And because she's my mother, she got up and had tea with me - thus preventing me waking the rest of the bridal party and being hated for ever more!

I have the best and most beautiful bridesmaids, even if I do say so myself! I chose well.  The  girls were so good.  They stayed up with me the night before while I chatted and let my nerves bubble over (I was nervous the night before alright, real nervous!).  They watched as I ran around the room like a headless chicken packing and unpacking and putting things in piles and checking my lists and ticking them off.  And the next morning the patiently put up with my restless energy, asking when was it time to get dressed, asking when was it time to have a glass of wine, asking what we will do next, asking, asking, asking - you get the picture!! Eventually, I was allowed to get dressed.  I think I am one of the very few brides in this world that were ready an hour before they were to leave and still managed to be twenty minutes late (much to my annoyance!!) I am very lucky to have such great people in my life. The girls did a wonderful job looking after me! My advice to anyone picking a bridesmaid? Make sure it's someone you are comfortable enough with that you are happy to have them sit behind you on the top the toilet holding your dress up while another is in front of you holding you and the rest of your dress up while you are doing your business. Because that is most likely what will happen... Wedding dresses are beautiful, but the most impractical piece of clothing you will ever put on - apart from a veil.  A veil is really really really impractial.  Everyone stands on it, pulls at it, tugs at it. I couldn't wait to ditch that bad boy!!!

It was a day that I realised how lucky we were and what wonderful people our lives were filled with.  We were both blessed to have grandparents in attendance! I had my mums mum and my dads mum and dad to help us celbrate and himself had his dads mum there too! I think we are very lucky. .. there are many in this world that don't even get to have their parents with them!

We both had some special peolple make it from Down Under.  My beautiful little Aussie flew in the month before and she helped to make the day so lovely! She was a gift! Everyone that met her loved her!!!

Himslefs cousin surprised many by arriving the weekend before the wedding after a long long flight from Australia.  He was a sight for sore eyes and really made our day! Especially for himself!

I could go on and on about our wedding day! To me, it was perfect.  All I wanted and more... I married the love of my life in front of the people we love..

5 April 2013... the start of happy ever after!

No comments:

Post a Comment